3 Quick Messaging Tips for Marketing Communications in a World with COVID-19
April 21, 2020 | Written by The Marketing Collective
GET TO THE POINT.
- People are trying to find information fast, and don’t want to read through paragraphs to understand what you are trying to say.
- Consumers don’t want “brand speak” in a time of crisis.
SHIFT THE FOCUS.
- Assess your emails, social media, and all ongoing or automated communication. Messages that were fine a week ago might now make you sound tone-deaf or insensitive.
- Your evergreen content can wait. The number of “here’s what we are doing” messages are filling inboxes and adding to the clutter so only send communications that are meaningful and helpful to the recipient.
DON’T GO SILENT.
- Maintain your brand. Just be strategic. This to shall pass. Wheels will begin to turn again. Remember, it is far easier to keep your brand alive than it is to revive it later.
- Use this time to exemplify your brand values. Help your emotionally disrupted clients, vendors, and employees by continuing to provide a solid, trusted brand relationship.