7 Tips to Make Photos Stand Out on Social
Social channels bring brands and consumers together in inspiring and meaningful ways. With consumers taking a closer look at what brands have to offer them, now is the perfect time to develop a consistent look across your social platforms. We’ve developed seven tips that will help mobile photos convey your message better.
1. Choose the Best Light. Natural is best.
- When shooting outside, make sure your subject is not backlit to avoid shadows on faces and objects.
- Move the subject away from the background to create depth while minimizing shadows.
2. No Zoom, No Flash.
- While these features are great to have on a mobile device, they should be used sparingly.
- Zoom and flash features compromise focus and can add pixilation. Instead, move closer and use well-lit spaces.
3. Keep Snapping.
- Take multiple photos from varying perspectives to ensure you’ve got one stand out photo. If possible, change angles, distance, and height.
- This helps ensure that you end up with one great shot that’s in focus and interesting.
4. Be Cohesive.
5. There’s an App for That.
6. Use what you’ve got.
- Sometimes it just isn’t possible to get up close. Instead, find an object near you like a sign, flyer, or interesting object and then use your words to craft a message that compliments what you’d like the concept to convey.